Re: The Annoying Mr Kibort

> Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 09:04:52 -0800
> From: "Peter Vinsel" <pcv@domain.elided>
> Subject: RE: Mark (the great annoying) Kibort
>
> As a matter of fact, I have met Mark and have raced with him at Sears Point
> and Thunderhill.  He is a skilled racer, someone I feel comfortable racing
> wheel to wheel with.

I race with a few people that, off the track, are self-centered pricks - on the
track, they're merely competitors.  I rarely feel uncomfortable with competitors -
the clueless wonders usually end up stuffed in a wall anyway - it's sorta like
nature, it's self policing.

> If you don't think that BMW CCA Club Racing is "real" racing, check out some of the
>
> close duelling between us from a different perspective than most of you have
> ever seen.

It isn't real racing.  Any organization that considers a spin an incident is a more
concerned about appeasing their insurance company representative than the
participants.  Real racing doesn't mean hitting your competitors, it just means that
you won't get punished by Big Brother if you happen to touch fenders.

> Not only is constantly having to defend his ideas

The point is that ideas are like assholes - everybody has one and some people suffer
from an excess of both.  It would appear to me that Mr Kibort cannot accept that
someone may have an opinion that differs from his.  Unfortunately, that's how good
ideas become great ones and how half-baked ideas end up in the waste bin.  If one
cannot accept criticism, then they should remain in their own private vacuum.

> I'm ashamed to be a member of this list

I hate to say it this way BUT you can always uns*bscribe.  Given the sad state of
affairs in the Digest, I've considered it but it's rather amusing to read the
drivel.  It took me years to actually purchase a BMW b/c of the generalization that
BMW owners are arrogant and self-centered.  Once I realized that I am more arrogant
and self-centered than everyone else I ever met, I purchased a BMW.  That's true of
owners of all marques though- one of my other vehicles is a Ford - talk about brand
recognition wars.

- --
Matthew Yip
mgyip@domain.elided