Defective Winshield (E36)

I think I have a defective winshield.  It seems to be forming some type
of stress crack around the base of the rear view mirror.  When I adjust
the mirror it looks like it's going to come off with a big ole chunk of
the winshield. Is there any way I can get this replaced with out having
to pay for it?  I don't have a warranty on the car anymore so it would
come right out of my pocket.  Are there any bullitins or recalls on
defective winshileds for my year (95) and model (325i)? Any help is
appreciated.  TIA!!!!!

Manuel Paredes
1995 325i (waiting for x-brace)
L.A. Chapt BMWCCA