Harmon Kardon Sound System

Hey folks and BM heads,

I recently placed an order for a 99 M3.  (I'll be picking it up in
Munich in Early April, ThankYouVeryMuch.  Anyhow, I just kind of
presumed to stick with the Harmon Kardon system with the 6 discs.  I
have been only briefly acquainted with the HK sound system on a test
drive and wasn't really impressed.  What are your opinions out there of
the sound system, those of your who are more intimately familiar with
the system?  Is it worth the trouble to forego the HK and fit something
else in its place.  Is it even doable in a BMW?  What are your thoughts
folks?

keithan