RE:When to keep quiet (was about ABS Sensors)

o.k...

So my 1985 535i (first year) is starting to turn the ABS light on anytime I
exceed 80 mph. It first happened after a rather extended run at about 115.
When I did struts on the car I was unable to remove the ABS sensors for fear
of damaging them. I have never played with ABS before, the system works fine (
as we have ice in Detroit now). On the freeway I shut the car off an restart
and the light goes off until I run 80+ and then it illuminates, where do I
start?

Derek Atkin
85 535i 166k
BMW CCA 136755