Re: euro 318 is ???

>Is there such a car as a 1993 318is euro.  I am looking for a inexpensive

Yep, I've got one. Nice reliable car, had it five years.
Only thing to watch is the infamous profile gasket at 50-60K
miles. Rear shock mounts go too but then all E36s do that
and it's not expensive.

>club car or SCCA car and came across one or so I'm told.  Does anyone know
>what this is?  What is the horsepower difference and is there any
>suspension change or brake difference?  Any info as to if this is a factory
>job or some after market.  I have yet to drive this car  or look under the
>hood but it has only one pipe out the back and very standard interior.  It
>does however have a small wing, dont know if is factory.

140bhp and weighs 1240kg. The engine is great, only trouble
is that it's in a car which is too heavy for it. The stock
suspesnsion is also too soft. Final drive is 3.45:1 non-LSD.

If you strip out some weight and fit a chip, cone filter and
new exhaust it will help a lot. Any mods for the pre-95
318ti will work. A hot camshaft would really make this
engine sing! The two litre racing version had nearly 300bhp
@ 9000rpm I think, heavily modified of course.

Spoiler may well be a factory item. Mine doesn't have one as
I think it looks better without it.

It's a lovely car to drive but could really do with a 2.1
instead of a 1.8 (Hartge 2.1 version has 170bhp).

- --
Email: john@domain.elided, John G.Burns B.Eng, Aberdeen, Bonny Scotland
Web  : http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!