re:7-series manual

Maurice Watts wrote:

>I have not seen very much info on older 7 series models.  I don't
>know whether that's good or bad.  Is there a manual on these?  I
>have an '84 733i.  It has a few little problems and I would like to
>fix them myself.  Any body out there know where I can find posts
>dealing with the big ones?  Appreciate any help. Thanks
>Maurice Watts

A friend and I recently (October) got '83 733i's (E23).  I looked for
a manual at the local parts store and several mail-order and on-line
services. All I could find were a Chilton's covering all models
1970-1988 and a Haynes.  Since I have been dissatisfied with Haynes
manuals for other makes, I didn't bother with it for BMW.  It seems
that Bentley's is the most highly regarded aftermarket manual, but I
don't think there is one for the 7s.  I have found my friend's
5-series Bentley to be useful sometimes in filling in the gaps from
the Chilton's.  I have found the Chilton's to be worth the $24.95
(might be able to find at t discount -- I didn't try).

Some websites you might want to check include:
www.BreszLand.com/bmw7-er
www.bimmer.org/7series/messages
If anyone knows of others, I would be happy to heatr about them also.
 The only way I could afford to run this car is to buy it cheap
(accomplished) and do lots of DIY (working so far).  Worth all the
effort!

Dave Wiest
Own or involved with
3 X 1983 733i
1 X 1983 533i
Considering :
4 X 528i junkers to make 1 or 2 running ones (subject of a later
post)