Blue or Super White Headlights

Is there any adavantage to any of these new headlights you see running around
? I tend to see them mostly on rediculously low be-spoilered hondas which also
demonstrate any number of other stupid looking accessories...

I have those little eye within the glass (projector?) lights on my 89 325is
and was sondering what the best (brightest-not coolest looking-) bulb is to
plug in there?

Also, is the wiring on the high beam circuit robust enough to handle say a
100W (oh yea sure 'offroad only' ) bulb without getting into the insulation
sublimation mode?

Just bored and thinking of car stuff...and how dark west shore Tahoe is at
night...
Steve H
89 325is (without pearl paint, "PIAA" stickers, or a buck rogers bi-plane
glued to the boot)