Re: Discecting Leather Seats

Has anyone ever taken a lightly used passenger sport seat and sacraficed
portions from it to replace the worn hided bits of a beat-up pilots' chair?

The seats look symmetrical, couldn't you take, say just bolsters, seat bottoms
and backs and carefully graft them onto the drivers' seat? There must be loads
of cars like mine with really pretty passenger's seats and tired chauffeur's
buckets...

I think I've learned how to preserve leather, but restoration seems sort of
iffy. I Would really like to find a Natur (?) colored leather sport seat in
real nice condition to try to do this with. Passenger seats have just got to
be in much lower demand.

Sure I'm a cheap SOB, but at $800 bucks a pop for new hides, (besides the fact
that it probably wouldn't match), i can think of other places to spend it.

Curious
Steve H
89 325is
97 Dachshund...wants sheepskins anyway...besides, it's hard to sit on
something that smells like a chew-toy...