M6 Questions -Newbie..

Hello all,
  I am new to the list (about 5 minutes ago) and have some questions.
We are purchasing a '88 M6 (or an 87, can't think of it right now).  We've
been driving it for a couple days now, and noticed a couple things.
The main being - The blinkers don't work, the turn signals for you guys
across the ocean.
When you put them on, nothing happens. No relay click, no lights, nothing.
All the fuses are good.  Any ideas?

also - The radio says "CODE" on it.  From all the Audi's and other german
cars we've gotten, this means you need a code to get the radio working
again.  Is there a general code? or can I take it to my BMW dealer and get
them to reprogram it?

Oh yea - This car KICKS #&#!!  How much HP does it have? it's a US model.
How much does it weigh?

Anything I should look for before we commit to buying it.  It has 97k miles
on it, and is in pretty good condition (seats are PERFECT!).  What should it
be worth $$?

Thanks!

Please CC a copy of any replies to me, as I don't know if I'll be able to
read the list.

Mike Green
mikegreen@domain.elided