<E36> Adjusting non-tilt steering wheel?

I have a '97 M3 without the adjustable steering column.
Does anyone know if there is a way to manually (i.e. tools
may be required) adjust the tilt and/or telescope of the
steering wheel?  I've been less than thrilled with the seating
position in this car.  Even though I have relatively short legs,
it seems like when the seat is about right for my legs, my
arms are still a bit far out from the steering wheel.

Alternatively, perhaps a way to adjust the pedals would do
the trick?  Don't want to spend big $$$ for a racing-type
adjustable pedal box though, if that's what it would take.

TIA,
        Chris Campbell
        '97 M3 Coupe
       mailto:Chris.Campbell@domain.elided