Wheel clearances - 17" on 328

>From: Luis Marques <marques@domain.elided>
>Subject: <E36> 35mm 235/45 17x8 fitmet

>It seems they do stick out a little too
>much, and more critical, they rub against the plastic fender liner on the
back
>(against the foot well) on the inside tire when I turn the wheel - which
could
>make parking maneuvers really annoying.

Luis,

This is a common occurence on fitting 17" wheels to a non-M3 (E36) and to be
expected. What you need is a steering limiter that you can buy from the BMW
dealer for under $ 30.00.  It installs relatively easy and reduces the
amount of lock to lock steer - thereby keeping the tires from rubbing the
inner plastic fender liner.

What you DO want to check is the clearance (car on the ground, settled) on
the spring perches to see if the inside of the tire rubs the strut .  It
most likely will not, but if it does you'll need to run some spacers on the
hub and get longer wheel stud bolts.

Duane Collie