<E36> 35mm 235/45 17x8 fitmet

Following up with my adventure of getting bigger tires on my 328i...

The 40mm 17x8" Borbets were out of stock on the tire rack so I ended up
getting the 35mm offset.  The wheels finally arrived and today I got a chance
to do a trial fitment.  In the rear, it looks like it will be a tight fit to
the fenders, but it seems they will fit.  And if they rub a little, the
fenders can be rolled a little.

Now the fronts are a different story.  It seems they do stick out a little too
much, and more critical, they rub against the plastic fender liner on the back
(against the foot well) on the inside tire when I turn the wheel - which could
make parking maneuvers really annoying.  It then hit me:  The M3 probably has
the upper strut bearings located more inward, resulting in more negative
camber and tucking the top of the tire inside the fender.  But what about the
plastic fender liner?  If I get the M3 strut bearings, they also have more
caster, so they will push the tire further back and rub even more on the
liner.  Any ideas (short of returning the wheels/tires)?  TIA

Luis Marques
'97 328i

End of bmw-digest V9 #851