E30 318iS modifications

I am considering installing some mods in my '90 318iS and seek digester
comments before diving in.

Mod #1. Installation of Recaro seats. The stock seats are the OE sport seats
in tan leatherette; they have never been that comfortable and the vinyl is
cold in the winter. The Recaros seem like a big improvement but they are
probably heavier and it's quite expensive to boot. From what I understand
there is also a requirement to purchase a bracket. The seats are about $500
each and the brackets are a little over $100 the last time I checked. Is the
installation difficult for an average do-it-yourselfer? I'm fairly tall so
headroom in this smaller car, ocassionally with a helmet on, is an issue.

Mod #2. Alpina brake kit. This was mentioned in the Roundel a couple of months
back as a terrific upgrade for an earlier E30. Another faily expensive mod
which also may require 16-inch wheels to work. Is this a do-it-yourself
project or would it be better to have a technichian do it?

Mod #3. BL/SS shifter and Rob Nob. Is this a D-I-Y?

The car sees occasional track duty but about 99.5% of its miles are driven on
the street, which streets today have an impressive amount of ice on 'em. I
feel like I'm driving a bobsled sometimes.

Thanks to all,

Chris Lordan
New Hampshire