Re: <BnglowBill@domain.elided> E28 dash cover

Bill writes in part:
<snip>
This use to be such a peaceful place to spend my time.  I
might as well go back to spending it with the family!
<end snip>

Thanks for making me laugh for the second time this morning!   My first
laugh was someone else hiding behind a fake Yahoo! email account (MKIAI)
which was cowardly but yet entertaining.   Anyway, bravo on the post, Bill!
And bravo for having the cojonnes to use your real name, sort of.  Now, if
you can only get a real ISP.   ;-)

To answer your BMW question (how refreshing!) I had a dash cover on my E28,
purchased by the previous owner.   I personally did not care for it.   The
fit is fair - no fit will be perfect.   It rattled a bit, the holes didn't
quite line up, and it looks like a cover (gasp!).   The original dash has a
huge split in it, but I'd rather see that than the shiny plastic.   So I
took it off, and we're topless now.

I earlier had bought one for my E24, but I liked it even less.   I since
replaced it with a carpet dash cover.   It doesn't pretend to be the
original dash, it's, you know, carpet.   But it looks pretty good, covers
the big cracks, prevents future ones and only cost about $28.   I found it
on the Internet somewhere.   Don't remember where.

Michael
E28 topless
E24 with rug
E39 crackless