Re: bottom line scooping

Herewith I snip:
<snip>
From: dws@domain.elided
Subject: Here's the scoop, bottom line

     Ok, enough dribble about the 'Book' price. If the seller
     makes an offer, in this case an advertisement or quote
     over the phone, and it is accepted by the buyer, such
     that his/her money exchanges hands,(ie they charged your
     credit card), there is a legal binding contract.
<snip>
and then later he says:
<snip>
     If Sears prints an ad with the wrong price they are obligated
     to honor it unless they prominently display a correction prior
     to selling you the goods.
<end snip>

Is it just me, or did David contradict himself there?   Or do different
rules apply to Sears?   From your first sentence it seems that Sears can
correct the price before they take your money.   After they take your
money, yes, then they can't come back and say "woops".   I agree with that
part David.

So, let us have no more bitching about books.   Please restrict bitching to
pricing of BMW parts.  And BMW service.  And BMW reliability.  And BMW
crappy radios...

Michael