Re: E34 swaybar install

- ---"Michael Ottati, O.D." <mottati@domain.elided> wrote:

> Any tips for installing swaybars on an E34 (525iT specifically)? I
have
> some new bars and plan on putting them in this weekend. The bentley
> manual shows the front, but not the rear. Dinan's instructions are a
> little less than straight forward for the rear, but it'll probably
make
> sense when i'm under the car. If anyone has any tips or things to look
> out for, i'd appreciate it.
> mike
> 92 525iT

Hey,

I had installed the front bar myself.  It is very easy.

The rear bar is a different story.  Dinan's instructions state that if
raise the car enough, you will be able to get the old one out and the
new one in.  I ended up taking it to a shop with a lift.  They lowered
the exhaust and needed about a minimum of 4 ft. of space below the car
to work the bar out of the rear.

Andy Peavy
91 535i
email: apeavy@domain.elided