Anyone have loose belts? >>>>> L200247

Morning to you!

Got an 02 question.... here's the dilly....

the 02 has been making some weird squealing noises. When I am at a
complete stop (like at a stoplight) and I make my way to accelerate,
the car makes an embarrassing squeal. It has only done it a couple of
times, and not when I start the car. It is an intermittent thing.
Weird... I checked the chambers and everything seems ok. The belt looks
fine too...

I mentioned this to a couple of people at the 02 gathering just last
weekend... and they too mentioned it could be a belt thing... I asked
this one 02er and he said it could be because of the dampness in the
air and it's cold that could cause somekind of moisture on the belt and
making it slip from time to time.. kinda hard to believe because I
didn't have this problem last year... although this time last year.. I
was basking in the Hawaiian sun....

Thanks for all who replied to my "chugging noise" I still feel the car
chugging and I think my clutch is slipping. UGH!

Help me out here guys..  I don't want to have loose belts (if that's
the case)... I only want it tighter...

Lisa
02 princess
72 2002