M5 Transplant

The shop was Bavarian Professionals in Berkeley, Ca. I think it was
featured in 12/95 Roundel (this is from memory though). They still  had
the car, as of their last M-car day, and it's for sale for around $50k.
I asked how much to do the conversion for my 525iT and was told around
30k all parts and labor. you've got the drivetrain already, so that
should take the price down a bit i'd guess. They do nice work, very OE
looking. I think the E34 used a different engine management system, i
wonder if you could upgrade the e28 engine to E34 M5 spec. I do also
remember a BMW CAR issue where a person swapped an E28 drivetrain into
an E34 535. I can look it up if you want the issue.mike