<E34><E46> Brake Feel Retrofit

I own an E34 and recently drove (Drive for the Cure) an E46.

I was very impressed with the brake feel of the E46.  The E46 brakes are
applied promptly upon pedal depression and not beyond mid-stroke.  The
pedal is firm, not squishy.  And even under agressive braking, the pedal
stays above the level of the gas pedal, simplifying heal-and-toe.

So, my question:  Is there any way to retro-fit the feel of E46 brakes to=

an E34.  And can it be done half-way economically.

I suppose the answer depends on what is different between the two brake
systems.  If it is just linkage, the job shoud be easy - at least in
principle.  But if it is complex and subtle differences throughout the
design of the brake system, it may not be possible.

Any thoughts??

Brant Miller