Re: 540i Sport Wheels Wanted

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999 cooker@domain.elided wrote:

> I am looking to purchase a set of (4) alloy wheels & tires that come as
> standard equipment on the 1997, '98 & '99 540i Sport.  They are the
> 7-spoke, two piece alloy rims with low-profile z-rated rubber.
>
> If anyone has these available, please write back.  I am looking for
> low-mileage, good condition set for my '94 540i.

I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they won't
fit correctly.  The E39 has a different hub size (larger?) than your E34,
which means that your lug bolts would be bearing the weight of the
vehicle, and neither the wheel, your bolts, nor your hubs were designed
for this kind of stress.

- -Jefrem Iwaniw, jiwaniw@domain.elided '72 2002, '94 525i
 Keller, TX