Re: bmw-digest V9 #830

Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 09:21:27 -0600 <br>
From: &quot;Andrew D.Mendez&quot; <br>
Subject: unbeatable bmw <br>
Could we call a moratorium on people griping <br>
Because a company wouldn't honor a misquoted <br>
price? Clearly these companies are quoting the <br>
wrong price; wholesale is maybe half full retail <br>
and no one can make $ selling a book for $28 when <br>
they paid $40 for it. <br>
Everyone ordering it (including me from <br>
booksamillion last week) at the ridiculously low <br>
price knows we're taking advantage of a clerical <br>
error. Enough with the indignant rage when they <br>
correct the error. Suck up the extra 25 beans from <br>
the caviar budget, or live w/o the book. <br>
Andy </blockquote> I agree with your argument however a lot of these
people already had firm orders. If the book people screwed up, they
screwed up, and should honor the price. Does it mean that they have to
keep the price at $27 forever, no of course not. Once an order is taken
the price is set (in my mind anyway). <br>
Changing a price after orders have been taken is very very poor business
practice. For those that really want too, submit a complaint to the
Better Business Bureau a the following link.&nbsp;
Dave Larocque</html>