<e-30> i cam in eta

Brian asked:

<<<Am going to be upgrading my cam in my 86 325es since I need a new head
gasket.  Was wondering what would be the best option for my car.  Will the
car still pass emissions with a new cam?  Are there any other economical
upgrades I should consider while I am in there?>>>

Well...

I have the 325i cam and springs upgrade (not to mention many UUC 's the
spousal unit has yet to find) in my e-30 325 eta (1987) and have also
driven an eta with the 323i cam in it.  The 325i cam was a better set- up
IMHO.  I also have switched to a 3.45 diff.  Again, IMHO this is a better
set-up than switching to the 3.25 diff with the new cam.  I thought people
were using the 323i cam before the 325i came onto the market in the States.
But then again, I could be wrong.

Check the Digest archives regarding this subject and Pete McHenry's
articles in either old Roundels or the reprints in the BMW Enthusiasts
Companion

As always, YMMV.

///e power

Vince
Genesee Valley Chapter

message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message, and
notify us immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet
email messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions,
conclusions and other information expressed in this message are not given
or endorsed by my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an
authorized representative independent of this message.