<e28> transmission mounts

I am re-furbishing my rear suspension and I thought I would start in the
obvious places, like trailing arm bushings and subframe bushings.  I
have the bentley procedure for the trailing arm bushings but haven't
seen the subfram bushings routine.  Can some enlighten me?

I also want to replace the tranny and engine mounts.  I thought I read
somewhere that the engine can be carefully jacked up below to replace
the mounts for the motor.  Can the same be true for the tranny?  Can the
supporting beam that holds the tranny mounts be removed while the tranny
is supported by a jack and the R&R performed on the support and then
re-installed?

For those of you that have done the trailing arms I would appreciate
your advice.  I have done most of the work on my car in the garage
without assistance.  I did the whole front end suspension work without
difficulty, including the struts and springs.  Disassembling the drive
train to that extent is uncharted territory for me.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tom Jarlock
88 535ia, 170,000
CCA#127308