re:Yet another E28 Radiator problem

Eurasian sold me an OEM Behr radiator for about 230 bucks. It should be
good for
another 12+ years. Considering that it's cheaper that over 80% of the
parts on your
car that could have failed(many of them failing as a result of a
less-than-dependable
radiator), bite the bullet, get OEM, and stay out from under the car(at
least until spring,
when this sort of thing gets fun again).
Bob K ...02-535is-R75/5 and a 68 SL
So...

Do I have this guy install a new core, find a new repair shop, or cut my

losses and buy a new radiator?  And if the best thing is to buy a new
radiator, should I use only OEM from BMW or try another supplier?
Plastic or metal endcaps?

Recommendations?

- - --Jeff