Q: E30 Radio lockout!

Hello BMW Experts!		While putting in better wires for my
stereo, I touched the wrong wires in the back of my stock headset.
Now the POS will not take my security code and unlock itself!  I have
taken the fuse out of the car fusebox & disconnected the battery to see
if it would reset, but no!  I have now let it sit for a couple of days, but
no reset, no entry, no noise!
	Can anyone give a suggestion as to how to make this work
again?  I am this far ' ' from chucking this trouble maker.
		Thanks folks,		Murf	'87 325is