BMW Parts Costs

Went to local dealer to replace a swiped roundel center cap (hub cap?)
for 98 M3/4.  They also sell Caddy (to make $).  Stood in line behind a
woman buying a hub cap for her boat -- $110.  "$110, wow that seems like
a lot" I said.  "I know, isn't it ridiculous" said she.

"Well" I told her, I'm here to get a hub cap for my BMW and they only
wanted two-fifty for it".

"I've heard that they were very expensive", said she.

I replied "They can be, but I think two dollars and fifty cents is
really reasonable, don't you?"  Geriatric woman handed over her credit
card to Parts Dept. in stunned silence.

Gee, that was fun!

Dave Hogg    NCC