RE[2]: Factory Demos

Phil Marx or anyone, how do the dealers buy these
factory "demos"?

For regular cars, my understanding is the longer
the car sits on a dealer's lot, the more anxious
they are to sell it.  By contrast, Euro delivery
cars sold in the U.S. are not bought by the dealer
(at least, not for any significant amount of time),
so a customer's order for one can be like found
 money for the dealer.

I'm curious as to how the factory-to-dealer sale
works for  these, ahem, demos.  Understanding =

the process could help during price negotiations.
Duane's comment about checking the VIN database
is a good one, but I doubt if the database would
indicate whether some Bubba did donuts in a 740iL.

- -- Mark

Mark McHarry
95 M3 ITZTLI
73 3.0S Rocinante (now deceased, RIP) - a "demo"
BMW CCA Golden Gate Chapter #82852