CCA Treasurer Candidates

Scott Miller writes:

> There is no question from her candidate statement that Kathy Lyle would
> make an excellent treasurer, but would she be the best one for us West
> Coasters?
>
> I would love to hear from the candidates on their politics, on these and
> other issues.

I hope this is not a WOB, but Scott asked this question on the Digest
and I would like to reply via the same forum.

First of all, I'm from Ohio.  Now geographically that may not make me a
West Coaster, but it also makes me not an East Coaster.  We are solidly
Midwest here, and unbiased toward either coast.

Secondly, I have no affiliation with any of the paid staff in Cambridge
nor with the current Board.  That means I am starting with a clean slate
politically.

Third, I have been involved in many aspects of CCA during my 16+ years
of membership, both at the local chapter level (I actually have dual
membership in three chapters) and through the driving school program and
CCA Club Racing where I have a National Competition license.  The latter
two are national programs which require coordination among chapters
across the country and preclude regionional biases.

What I am trying to say here is, if elected I will represent the entire
Club, not a particular region or chapter, and am open to suggestions,
complaints and input of all kinds from members across the country.  I
hope this answers some of your questions, and if not, please let me
know.

Kathy