Re: E30 Rims, Brakes, etc (plus a couple more new ?)

Grant,

Thanks for all the great information.  Chances are that when I finally
acquire "that perfect" BMW, I'll probably stick with whatever comes on them
until I feel up to changing things.  Where I live, there are just about two
or three used BMWs for sale in the entire area (the "real" north of
California).  I'm looking for a 325ic and there is one, a 92, but they want
more than I can afford (they want $16k; I can do $10k max.)  Is it true that
the 92 is really an "is" with a convertible top?  The guy told me it had an
"is" motor, suspension and it did have the wheels.  He said that in 92, BMW
started throwing all they could of surplus parts into these due to the new
E36 models arriving soon thereafter.

Also, do all convertibles have a gap underneath the rear lip where it meets
the boot?  This one had a brush insert covering it and lifting it up exposed
a clear entry into the passenger compartment.  Is this a source for leaks
(gushers?)  It sure let a lot of outdoor noise in.

Well, thanks again.

David Stern