Re: [e36] Risk of buying a rusted M3

>Please advise on buying a 95 yellow E36 M3 automatic with heated heat! and

wow, heated heat. cool. :)

>sport  wheels!   The car was from MI with 36K miles and I found it in
>Bellevue, WA.  The underneath is kind of rusted, so do the wheels.  The
>bolts are all rusted and detail shop painted silver which is bad because
>there were black, right? The rust is probably because the salted road
there!

As far as I know, they do not, and never have, salted the roads here in
washington, or Bellevue for that matter. Just lots of nice gravel! They have
also started using some kind of chemical on the passes now. Not sure what it
is though.

>The muffler seemed have been swapped.  The car drives fine without
problems,
>but the doors have difficulty to open from inside. What is the value on
the
>car?

Sounds mighty suspicious. My guess is the car is not from around here (WA)
and the muffler was rusted out/replaced. Not good for a car w/only 36K.
(Although, I did look at a '97 LR Disco w/only 7K that was starting to
rust!) Judging on what M3's
are going for here I would guess the selling price to be around $26-$28
according to the condition you described. Its also an automatic. yuk.
Personally, I would keep looking unless you can get it for a very good
price.

Good luck,
Jef