Re: Factory Demos

Iz asked about factory demos.   Yes, some of the BMW NA staff get company
cars, the area representatives definitely do, with all of their traveling,
so I guess it depends who drove the car as to the condition of it.  My main
concern would be if it had been broken in properly.   I mean, if the guy
(or gal) knows that they only keep it for 6 months, what do they care about
observing the proper break-in guidelines?   But some people don't think
breaking in a car is important...

I think this varies from state to state, but in many places if a car has
been bought back by the manufacturer under a lemon law, or bought back
simply because there were lots of problems that they couldn't fix or just
to get the customer to shut up (like in my case), then quite often they
have to label the car as a lemon or customer satisfaction buy-back, or
something like that.  YMMV, of course.

But if it is a demo, it should be titled & warranted as new, right?   (I'm
not too sure about that.)   Anyway, you can always get a lease, and if you
have problems it's under warranty and in a couple of years you can just
walk away.

Michael