Re: lugging

<< 1000RPM is
 by no means lugging. I would say 500 - 600 RPM would be considered HEAVY
 lugging and should be avoided >>
For my 2 cents, I'd suggest not to run WOT at low revvs, simply because the
oil pump has not built a lot of pressure for cushioning full force hits of the
pistons slapping down on all the bearings. Then consider oil temp and mileage,
too,.Of course it's also a question if you continuously plan to run it this
way...with a sports car like a BMW I am sure you'd rather enjoy to be in the
torquey portion  of the curve :-) Overrevving is no good either, wears out
bearings faster and does not help power output - actually it drops. To
efficiently use higher rpm operation you would need to use sitffer valve
springs to avoid floating valves and change cam tming/profile. The
"economical" part of the ETA engine is built to be an efficient fuel burner,
not to make top end HP.

Bert