Don't try this!

I little knowledge is dangerous.

I have a 95 M3 and I read that if you hold down your tripmeter reset button
while turning the ignition key to accessory it will show all your dash
lights and test your gauges. So I gave this a try, it worked, but
unfortunately it also disabled my fuel gauge. I performed the little trick
while sitting at the local Sunoco (bored), the tank was full but my gauge
still read empty. I took the car to my local BMW dealer and was told that I
will need a new sending unit.  Don't try this while filling the car!

Regards, Bob

Mr. Robert Hoyvald
The Chubb Corporation, CSD
mailto:rhoyvald@domain.elided

95 BMW M3:Sharked, Triflow, HFM, UCC, Euro-in.
         ______
       (oo_00_oo)

End of bmw-digest V9 #814