RE: E28

1.Would you folks purchase from a pre-owned non BMW dealer (usedcar)
knowing they can just turn the odometer back?  Does BMW have a used car
safety inspection program and is it really worth the money?
I would be surprised to find a dealer that still carried an E28 on their lot.
Unless it is an ultra low mileage M5 I know Erhard here in lovley Bloomfield
Hills would not carry an older model.

2.  Quick Maintenance question:  How do you perform preventive
maintenance on your headgasket? To avoid coolant and oil mixture which I
have been reading recently on digest?
Normal coolant flush and don't beat on the car until it is up to operating
temp.

3.Regarding bushings. If these fail / disentegrate does this mean
catastropic failure and a tow to the shop?
There should be plenty of warning before you come anywhere near the "tow"
stage.

Derek Atkin
85 535i 166k
BMW CCA 136755