87 325 questions

Had a couple questions to ask.

1) which 325 series car had the "Super ETA" engine in it? was it the 87 325
or the 88 325E?

2) My 87 325 is acting oddly.  When I first start the car, everything is
fine.  Then after about 10 minutes, every now and then, the oil light will
flicker if the car is idling (roughly 600RPM), not steady just flicker. If I
press the gas, the light goes away.    Then after driving again for 10
minutes or so,  the problem goes away.  What could this be?  I have checked
the oil level many times in panick, but the oil level is good.  Is my oil
pump having problems?  Could it be the switch?

3) Are there any negative side effects of "lugging" an eta engine?  The car
seems to cruise just fine at 40MPH in fith gear at 1000 RPM or so.  It even
accelerates into it's powerband rather smoothly.  What is the recommended
low RPM range for running the car?  If I have the JC chip in the car that
raises the RPM limit,  can I drive the car above the traditional red-line if
I haven't changed any cams, lifters etc?

Thanks

Scott Olson
93 Nissan 240SX (forsale)
74 Bricklin SV1