Body Shop in Washington DC

>From: Steven Schlossman <steven@domain.elided>
>Subject: What to look for after the body shop?

>What should I be on the lookout for?

Good Work!

>The car is at a reputable autobody shop with lots of BMWs.
>Color Crafters, Clinton MD.
>I trust them that they'll use BMW parts.

Bad start (see above "what should I look for").  Color Crafters is, IMHO, a
very average shop at best. I seen the work they turn out and I'm not
impresses. Want the best in the area?  See Robert Appel at Autocrafters in
Manassas Park, VA tel. 703-335-9646.  Robert is beyond being a body shop,
he's an artist.  And like any artist, he is unhurried and uncompromising.
You want a top flight job and can tolerate a longer repair time, see him.
Don't expect it to be done in two weeks tho...

>bummer is that our chapter is having their annual
>holiday party next week and my pride and joy will be in the body shop.
>I think I'll make a sign, "My other car is a BMW, No really!"

Parking Lot is on the other side of the Resturant at Mt. Vernon.  It's
dark...no one can see the cars....BUT - bring me a sacrificial HOOTERS lass
and a 6 pack of Rolling Rock and you can take the 316tds (slightly
modified, with custom paint by Autocrafters, but currently hibernating
under a car cover for the winter) to the Holiday Party.  Deal?

Duane Collie