Snow Tires Work!

Phid Bombadier wrote about Blizzaks on an MB brick.  FWIW for fellow E36
M3 daily driver dudes/dudettes who must contend with the white stuff
(sorry, 95 model year, just buy four 8.5's):

When it's not snowing you'll like 245/40's all around on 8.5" wheels.
Some go aftermarket, rendering the factory wheels "surplus".  In snow,
you'll really like 225/45 snows all around on 7.5" wheels.  If you have
fat FM10's or the like, find a fellow //M bud who doesn't deal with
snow.  Swap your factory 8.5's for his 7.5's.  You've got great factory
snow wheels and he/she's got factory 8.5's all around - free!  (Be
careful of potholes with 245/40's on factory 8.5's in front, the wheels
are a little soft.)

I did this with another digester recently & we're both happy, without
another UUC spousal discussion.  I'm now running 225/45 Pirelli Winter
210's on factory 7.5's with ASC OFF (no, there's no interference with
these tire sizes and the ASC+T, it just spoils the fun) and having a
*blast* with no hint of getting stuck even when the splitter scoops a
little snow.  They're also very quiet and smooth, though dry handling
suffers compared to 245/40 SO2's on 8.5" FM10's.

Tail out and snow flying,
Dave Hogg   NCC   (Thanks again to Bubba Duane for the FM10 tip!)
98 M3/4     79 Alfa Spider (no snow - it would disintegrate)

End of bmw-digest V9 #808