Re: A practical 2002

I think maybe a reissue of the 2002 that has an updated body style but
without the luxury of the new cars would be great.  A car that looks good
has vinyl, no power anything, no computer.  Just a moter and wheels like 20
years ago.  What do you think?

Chris,

Sounds like a great idea to me.... especially if it were around $20k or so.
Unfortunately, I don't think that is going to happen though. The masses
these days want power everything (especially in a BMW), most new cars are
automatics, and chances are this will become a 2nd or 3rd car for most of
it's buyers to joyride in on the weekends. (ala Z3) I suspect it'll be
loaded and cost over $30k. That is all speculation, but I have a sad feeling
it will become reality. Even if it were only $20k, it would become the next
VW Beetle Craze with a 2 year waiting list and numerous a$$holes out there
would buy them and resell them at twice the price to make a buck. (I think
they should sell them only to people who want to drive them, not investors
and speculators) BMW also has a name to market so I don't think they will
want to be known to produce a stripped down car, especially in a non-luxury
price range. At any rate, I think it would be awesome if this "practical"
BMW came about.

Regards,

John

1990 750iL