Dead M5 and near dead driver - questions about the aftermath

Well - my E28 M5 is totalled, and I am extremely fortunate to not also
be totalled.  A pretty unfortunate series of events - I can say that
this type of driver error has never happened to me before; my foot
simply slipped of the brake pedal going into a turn.  Next of course the
tail came out and I turned into it in a futile attempt to straighten out
the car.  Running quickly out of road the car slammed into the curb and
somehow flipped - end of story and car.  Never again do I want
experience the feeling of hanging upside down in a seat.

It is heartbreaking to lose this car, but I guess these things happen
and I am lucky to have walked away.  Anyway, how do I proceed from here
with respect to the car itself.  I have quite a few almost new parts on
it - shocks/springs/exhaust etc.  Do I negotiate with the insurance
company on getting these things off, or do they keep the whole car?
Also what about parting things out like the engine, which certainly
should still be in excellent condition.

Thanks,
Anand
Dead E28 M5