Re: Convertible dilemas?

>Anyone have experience with K40 or other wired in
>detectors?

Don,
I feel the same way about radar detectors in convertible's.
I've been wanting the Valentine One for it's reputation, but with a
convetible it's more of a hassle than anything else.
A friend has the K40 undetectable and plans on selling it to me
because he's selling his vehicle. He has had no problems, and what's
nice is that it leaves the interior nice and original looking.  He
swears by it as far as protection, but I have never had one before,
maybe there are others on the group that have some better experiences.
it could also be his selling point to get me to buy it from him.

>Alarm systems
Another one i can't answer directly because I don't have it yet.
I plan on getting the Auto Loc (Stellar) that's advertised in the
Roundel.
Nice feature include remote top closing.  Not sure about proximity
sensors, but they should be adjustble to fine tune to your
preferences.  An old car I had the proximity sensor so if my windows
were left open.  it was a Clifford but everytime it rained the rain
running down the windows would trigger it.
I am sure that they have are better these days, but it is critical
where the motion sensor is placed.

>  How well do the wind deflectors work
> that mount behind the front seat head rests?

Last one I can say from experience.  I have the windscreen and it's a
nice feature that should have come with the car.  It does eliminate
the seat belts from flapping around.  But the windscreen kind of looks
weird at times because it takes away from the aerodynamics.  it
doesn't look sleek and kind of takes away from the "convertible look"
It's well worth it for fall and spring when it gets chilly.  With the
windscreen i usually keep the top down till about 45-46 degrees.
Without it?  don't really know.  Another option is to fasten the rear
seat belts so they don't flap as much.  The will still flap around,
but maybe won't be as loud.

Let me know what your plans are,
I would be curious to know.

~ Brian