M3 Chugging--Fix

I have a 95 M3 that has been "chugging" for the past six
months...Although it was not violent, you could feel the motor
"chugging" between 2-5k rpm or so.  Two dealers and 2.5 weeks worth of
R&R could not solve the problem.  The dealers claimed there was nothing
wrong with the car, although that is not what they said when I would
drop it off..."yeah, there is a problem" they would say after listening
and sitting in it...At any rate..problem SOLVED...Turns out my flywheel
was shot.. Apparently the dual mass flywheel takes a bit of punishment
from drivers like me...Usually, the clutch has springs in it to soften
contact..However, as many of you know, the dual mass flywheel was BMW's
way (in the M3) to build someting really expensive to circumvent
something that worked fine in the first place...At any rate (again), I
am doing a retro-fit project,, Seems taht a 525 flywheel is a lot
lighter and is NOT dual mass..With the change of a ring gear I think I
can convert to a lighter flywheel, a more cheaper flywheel, and a
"normal" cluthc..Also use a 96 M3 pressure plate at the same time to
tighen it up a bit as the turbo will go in this weekend or next.  i will
let you all kno how it goes..May be a cheap performance upgrade.....We
will see..R&D will tell.. Tim