Re: E-28 Heater Fan

>I know that there was a thread recently about this very same problem,
>but I can't find it.   In my E-28 the blower fan for the heating/defrost
>system started working intermittently.   4 out of 5 times it works like
>a charm.   Every once in a while, it stops working.  Usually the next
>time I stop and restart the car it starts to work again.

It's at the rear of the engine bay at the top of the
firewall. Remove the covers and clean the two wiring
connections, they are different sizes so you can't mix them
up (at least on my E24). While you're there give the bearings
a drop of medium weight oil.

- --
Email: john@domain.elided, John G.Burns B.Eng, Aberdeen, Bonny Scotland
Web  : http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!