Opinions on rotor turning at Autozone

I purchased some Performance Friction pads from Autozone and put them
on new Balo rotors in June or July.  Lately I'm getting a grinding
noise.  It was suggested that I get my rotors turned as there is
plenty of brake pad left. Upon careful
inspection, I found that the pads (or maybe the rotors) have a strange
wear pattern.  There are a couple valleys, very shallow but rounded
and smooth that are about 1/4" wide in one rotor.

I talked with Autozone, and they are willing to replace the pads
under warranty.  My question is this:  Do I allow Autozone to turn my
rotors or do I take them to a machinist?

Thanks,

Kurt Zimmerman

P.S.  Thanks to all of you who responded to my question about keeping
and painting my '89 325is or selling it to look for an E30 M3.  The
advice was all over the place and I received good arguments for both
positions. I have decided to keep the car, probably because it seems
like the path of least resistance at this point.