re: BMW CCA Treasurer 1999

Chip wrote:
>Simple question, which of the Treasurer candidates reads and contributes to
>this digest?
>I want the smartest and most in tune candidate to represent my interest.

Not sure how you'd equate "smartest and most in tune" with Digest
participation.  If we were all "really" smart we'd take the time we spent
on the digest and put it back into our work, or volunteer work as the case
may be.  (Do as I say, not as I do, my father always told me.)

As far as I know, two candidates read the digest.  Contribution is
certainly another relative term.  I'd suggest basing your decision on
facts, performance and qualifications.  I believe you will find all
candidates are qualified for the post of treasurer, some more than others.
If you base it on professional qualifications, experience and credentials
then you'll find two CPAs and one who may very well be certified by the
time the election results are final.

Diversity of interest is another important aspect but then we all vote our
basic instinct anyway and that is what most of the campaign rhetoric
appeals to.  Special interests will prevail.

Remember, what ever you do, VOTE.

And remember: Save your Roundel mailing label, you'll need it to vote.

- -Phil
(Winner of 7 previous CCA National elections, Digest participant and my
brother is still smarter than me.  My three daughters are even smarter.)