Y2K--the comprehensive fix

<snip>
 Of course, if the ECU in your BMW shuts down when the
clock rolls over
on one of the Y2K-relevant dates, (most of) you will just coast
to the side of
the road, not fall from the air.

The truth is out there... Jim C.?
<snip>

For those of you who are still confused about this issue, let me clarify
it with an anal-ogy(pun intended):

your BMW cares as much about the date as the old 5-digit odometers cared
when the mileage rolled over from 99999 to 00000...oh, wait a minute...I
have one of those...and...oh, damn, I guess the factory warranty *just*
ran out AGAIN at 12,000 miles....cripes, I wonder if BMW NA should have
paid for the replacement of my tranny at 11,000+ miles? After all, it
LOOKS like I've only got 12,446 miles on it

ROFLMAO,
Jerry Roberson
BMW CCA 157891
1975 2002 --just out of factory 12000 mile warranty--AGAIN