<E28> Central Lock Failure

Certainly seems to be the season for E28 central lock failures.

I have an '87 535is which just yesterday displayed the folowing centralk
lock problems:

*	Drivers door key lock will only rotate left partially and then back
to neutral.... no actuation of locks
*	Attempts to manually lock drivers door from inside (with door
closed) unsuccwessful. Lock button will not budge
*	Passenger door key lock....can actuate all door locks and trunk to
locked position....but when the key is returned to  neutral (vertical)
position, all doors and trunk unlock themselves.

I've checked the fuse panel and there are no blown fuses. Any
troubleshooting advice or suggestions of what components within the central
locking could be causing this problem will be greatly apopreciated.

Regards,

Jonathan
'87 535is
'83 320i