RD Sport sway bar install problem

I'm installing the RD Sport sway bars for the e36 M3 on my '95 325i.
(I know - the front bars attach to the strut and the 325i doesn't have
that mounting point - I'm installing e36 M3 Bilstein Sports at the
same time - I know, spring perch differences - I'm installing H&R
29910s with e36 M3 upper spring plates and Kmac adjustable camber
plates.) OK, that's out of the way, here's the deal - on the rear sway
bar, the heim joint and bushings on the end that attaches to the
control arm are wider than the mounting bracket they should fit
between. It's close enough that I could just spread the mount some and
it'd work, but it's off enough that it bothers me. Anyone else seen
this problem? I'm taking my floor jack to work tomorrow so I can jack
up and measure the width the brackets on a '95 and '98 M3 (friends of
mine, and yes, with their permission, I'm not just driving around the
parking garage at work until I find what I need) to see if it's due to
either a 325i vs. M3 difference or maybe that later models have a
wider mounting bracket. Anyone else run into this problem?

TIA,

Barrett N.
Houston, Texas