Roll your own

>I say, why risk it.  I've instructed and raced for over 10 years and I've
>seen more rollovers than I care to.  And to those rabid Z3 owners who I'm
>sure will be attacking me, I owned and loved a Z3 but I would never
>consider tracking it without a full rollcage and arm restraints.
>
>///Gary Bossert

Gary,

I hear ya!  No arguements from me. While I don't have your track experience,
I've seen enough personally that I would NEVER get in anyone's roadster at
the track for a speed tour without a full cage.  Those that strongly defend
the right to drive it without one in a Driver's School are usually the ones
with little, if any, track time.  Those little 'factory' bars that sit in
cute lil' hoops behing the Z3's headrests are a fashion statement - not
'real' rollover protection.

It's no fun to die or get maimed when you're out just to have a good time
with the Bimwads at the track. Be careful !

Duane Collie

End of bmw-digest V9 #784