<e28> Power Locks, Current Drain and Spring/Shock Combinations

Hello All:

Over the last day or so, I have seen two postings on E28's that with no
response.  I'm  awaiting comments from the digest collective as "old reliable"
(87 535i) is acting up in the same manner.  Trust me, winter in Chicago is
fun!

1.  Power Locks.  When attempting to lock my doors.  The the doors and trunk
lock properly and then unlock themselves.  Any ideas?

2.  Current Drain.  If I let my car sit more than 1 day the battery goes flat
and I am unable to start.  The problem is worse now that the temps. have
fallen to below 10 degrees at night.  What is the proper diagnositc
proceedure.

3.  Spring/Shock Combinations.  I purchased my car with a set of RD springs
and Boge Gas shocks as installed by the previous owner.  The combination has
about 45K miles on it.  I have been driving on the combination for about 15k
miles.  The springs seem tobe about right for the car (firmer than stock yet
not too stiff and about 1.25 inches lower all around).  However, the shocks
appear to weak in this application.  At about 40 to 60 miles per hour on
broken pavement the front end bounces in a very disconcerting fashion. To me
this indicates a lack of rebound control.  The performance on larger bumps is
ok (I would prefer it just a bit firmer).  Perhaps the shocks are just worn
out?  I am considering new Boge's, The Sachs sport kit with matched springs
and shocks ($$$). Bilsteins or Koni's.  I know this thread has been ongoing
for a long time but I have not yet seen anything very definitive. I am
considering making a chart of the various spring and shock specs. so we could
choose "by the numbers"  rather than guess just based on qualitative comments.
Does anyone have other ideas?

Thanks!

David Alexander
Riverside, IL

'87 BMW 535i, 5 speed
'87 Saab Turbo SPG
'64 Ferrari 330 gt
''76 Alfa Alfetta GT (soon to be a track car)
'86 Ducati

"A new car is any car you never owned before"