Re: E28 Throttle "glitch"

Doinitin3D@domain.elided asks:
>>Upon letting the accellerator up, it basically drops off without any
>>modulation (making for poor confidence in nasty corners...)
>>if given a bit of gas at standstill, the revs jump up freely, but come
>>down VERY quickly to about 300 rpm, then it catches itself and
>>idles fine.

Well, Doin, (if you don't sign your name, I don't know what to call you), I
remember my mechanic showing me how on the E28 cars when you let off the
throttle, the clever little computer actually stops feeding gas to the
injectors for that brief moment when the engine momentum can carry the
revolutions.   I suppose it was a fuel saving/mileage thing.   So, what you
describe seems normal to me, basically.   Of course, I could be wrong.  It
has happened before.   As for "making for poor confidence in nasty corners"
obviously the answer is DON'T LIFT!!!!   If you're in the corner too hot,
give it gas!

Michael